Monday, April 9, 2012

Birthdays Are Special



March 31st.

We started off the weekend with a surprise from the Turners.
Well, we knew they were coming but Grace didn't know they would be there when she got out of school.  She thought they were coming a few hours later.  I love surprises!!!    

Grace turned the corner and there she was, her BFF.
She squealed and ran into her friends arms and then just kept hugging.



walking home from school 

and a stop at the creek to go "fishing" 


The fun never ends when our girlie's are together.
They played non-stop from 11:30-8pm.


they swapped PJ's

And, it's party time!!!
Jazzercise and a Candy Shop.

Jennifer had the brilliant idea of putting candy on top of the mini water bottles.
Attached with frosting!



Can you see G's shirt?  It says "Gracie's Candy Shop"
Jennifer made it for her.  The lolly pop on the right has a hidden number 6 in it.  

Cup Cakes by Johnny's Cakes

Cookies thanks to Pillsbury ;)

The set up.
Thank you Victoria and Jennifer for helping us set up in record time.

I borrowed this stand from a friend.  She let me paint it.
A little left over pink spray paint and chalk board paint and voila 



Dina made the party spectacular!





Sweet friends

Tristan breaking it down!





Cup Cake Time



The most special friend of all!



All the kids walked through the "Gracie's Candy Shop" before leaving the party.
It was so neat to watch their eyes light up when they made their way up to the shop and we filled their bags to the brim.  I love helping create an atmosphere where kids feel like they can be kids while doing things that bring them happiness.  It brings my heart great joy.

Thank you Jessica for helping me serve the candy.








It was a spectacular party.
And, it was incredibly fun to plan and put together.
One day I will have my own party planning business (along with all the other business I want to have as well----hey, my mom always said to dream big!!!)....you just wait.  Then I can use other peoples money to plan super awesome parties, make their kiddos crazy happy and I get to use up all the ideas I have rolling around in my head.  One day.....



After clean and saying goodbye to all the party guests, we made one last stop before the Turners had to head back home.

We all went to Carl's Jr.
Thank you Jennifer for the special treat.


Oh Gracie's T. you crack me up!
After this, my girl cried and cried and cried.  After a year and half she still sobs when ever we part ways.  She will never have another friend quite like this. It is one special friendship.  Thank you Jennifer for making the trip and for helping create beautiful memories our girls will cherish forever.



April 2nd.  Her actual birthday....


Red + White = Pink

Gifts from family

Ready for school

Birthday breakfast

Birthday poster

Snacks for school

presenting her poster in front of her class




Mrs. Ray, her substitute teacher

Mr. Weburg, the principal 

Birthday lunch


Mani/Pedi

Danney and I use the barter system.  I clean her house once a month and she does my nails one a month.
A few months back I took some photos of her daughter for her.  In return she did Gracie's nails for her birthday.
I love it!  

This mama got to lounge while she got her mani/pedi and L-man napped

She said Grace was a moving target and was amazed they were able to get paint on her nails.
Yep, that sounds about right.  My little mover and shaker.



Gift Time

Thanks Hand Me Down for the free leotard 

Clue Jr.  Thanks swapmeet

Horton Hears a Who game....also from Hand Me Down for free!


From Papabear (He also got her a Dino Train coloring book and a craft)

From Grandpa Guibert

Exactly what she wanted, thanks Dad!

Thank you Tyler

Thank you Katie


Thanks Mark and Ericka

Loving all the outdoor chalk fun

And, lots of books from mommy and daddy....been collecting them from Goodwill for the last 8 months.

Oh happy day.

If I could bottle up her energy & sell it I'd be a truly wealthy woman.  

But who needs that kind of wealth when I have an abundance of love filling up my life

bubbles

What kid asks for Potato Leek soup for their birthday dinner?  Gracie Statema did!




The day was drawing to a close.
We wanted to celebrate just one more time.
Our good friend Amy who works at Starbucks told Grace if she came in on her birthday she'd make her a free drink. So we went in, got Grace her free drink and played some games.




and I brought a cup cake curtesy of Freddies.  


We love Amy


April 3rd
Still more gifts thanks to Grandma and Aunt Arlene.

Super cute snack holder that came with a matching lunch bag.  From Grandma Armstrong

Lady bug ball

A bug catcher

and a cup cake princess shirt-so perfect for our princess who loves cup cakes.
Thanks for all the great gifts Mom!

And, some fun Disney stuff from Aunt Arlene


Phew.....what a wonderful, busy, spunky, fun Birthday Weekend.
Thanks to everyone who sent gifts, cards & birthday wishes via email/facebook.
Grace felt very loved and cared for. Thank you so much.   Hooray for 6!!!!



And, only one day after her birthday I got inspired for next years birthday.
What do you think???


A bug theme???  The possibilities are endless.......

1 comment:

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.