Friday, September 2, 2011

Faith

I was awakened this morning at 4am and could not go back to sleep.
My mind was flooded with the thoughts that keep trying to pull me down.  To clog my mind.  To try and confuse me and make me doubt.  These thoughts also try and make me feel anger with a dash of anxiety-the kind that makes it hard to breathe.

I don't like my mind to be filled with junk.  I don't like to feel heat rising when I think of something someone did or said that was unkind.  I want peace in my heart and mind so I can go about my day actually living & giving.

So, I pray.  But this morning I rolled back and forth in bed exhausted with thoughts that wouldn't just up and go away so instead I up and went away and read.

I opened my bible and landed in Hebrews.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Hebrews 11:1

It spoke of all the amazing people who showed true faith, who were promised great things and never gave up no matter what persecution came their way (mind you, some of the things were torturous). And, "these were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised.  God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." (Hebrews 11:39)

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by a such a great clouds of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."  Hebrews 12 1-5


I want to have that kind of faith.
The kind of faith where no matter what comes against me I will not back down or let it effect who I am.
I want to endure and end strong.

Thank you God for the sensitive heart you created in me.
I pray that through tough experiences that rock us to our core, make us question everything and have the potential to send us into a tail spin we find a way to rise above.  That we find courage.  The courage to step forward instead of back even if stepping forward is scary & unknown.

"With out faith we can do nothing. With faith we can do great things through God's Power."
Hebrews Aside from the Family Reading Bible.



My daughters favorite song at the moment is Christy Nockles, Waiting Here for You.
It's a perfect song for today.  It's a perfect song for every day.

Please watch THIS video.
It might just change your day.



1 comment:

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.