Sunday, September 11, 2011

11 Years Ago Today......

This morning. 

We are sitting on the back deck watching the contractor start the process of putting our yard back together.  He is filling in the massive trench that was dug out a few days back.  A least 1/3rd of our back yard was torn up to fix our plumbing problem.  And, the trench that stretches the length of our back yard is a good 5 feet deep.  It's been an incredible process to watch.  

Our landlord (right) with our friends the Aveys.  

Goodbye Trees


Before the new piping was put in

We were with out plumbing for 7 days.  Not bad as we were thinking it was going to be 10 days.
As much as we could easily complain about it, we choose to find the fun and adventure in it.  And, in return it was fun and adventurous!  Through this process we ended up growing more empathetic to all those around the world who are completely with out plumbing;  who have no way to wash clothes or dishes and no way to shower or go to the bathroom-at least not in a sanitary way. I am grateful for this experience.  I am glad my daughter got a lesson in having to do things the hard way while making a choice to not complain.  It was good for all of us!

We are grateful for our landlords. They have made this process easy.  They have been wonderful and compassionate.  We are thankful for them and how well they have taken care of us.

As much as there are things I am going to miss, like the sound of the backhoe and the daily free and unique entertainment, I will be very grateful to have our fence back up so that cats and dog can chill out back again.   I am pretty sure the cats have been plotting their revenge for days now.



On a different note:
11 years ago today I met Loren Craig Statema.
11 years ago today I gained a best friend. 
We met at Sight and Sound Theatres during orientation for our new jobs.
Loren was from New York (who had originally planned to move back home to Puyallup, WA before auditioning for S&S) and I was a 19 year old, first time away from home girly girl from Florida living out my theatrical dream.  Who knew the two of us who are from opposite sides of the country would eventually meet up in the small Amish town of Lancaster.  
I can not imagine my life with out Loren in it.  
Thank you Loren for pursuing me with respect and passion.  Thank you for all the creative friend dates you took me on.  For taking care of me and for never giving up on me even when I turned you down originally.  I love you so much.  And, I love our life together.  

To the next 11 years and beyond!


Random Photos from this weekend:

We went to Yakima yesterday and shared a
Mint Chocolate Chip Milk Shake at the Soda Fountain

Gracie's 1st time getting her hair cut at a real
salon. 



Excitement for the week to come:


Work, work, work for Loren and I.
Gracie's 1st Dance Class of the new year (Tues. the 13th)
1st Day of Kindergarten (Wed. the 14th)
Gracie's 1st day of Kids Club (Thurs. the 14th)

It's going to be a busy lovely week and we can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.