Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom,

Happy Mother's Day.

You have been my mommy for 30 years now and I love you so much.   Grateful that God gave you to me and me to you.  I couldn't imagine it any other way.

1st Christmas, just 10 days old-1980

Oh the fun memories I have from my childhood.  

One of my favorites: Watching Santa (aka: Grandpa DiLello) deliver Christmas presents on Christmas Eve-in the middle of the night.  The anticipation was almost unbearable. We would get woken up to the sound of reindeer landing on the roof and bells jingling.  It was so exciting.  We would watch him from behind a chair in silence as we did not want him to know we were there (we were suppose to still be sleeping--every kid knows that if you are not asleep Santa will not come to your house).  Mom would be sitting with us and dad would normally be across the way with the video camera capturing it all on tape.  And, then when Santa was done putting the presents under the tree, we had to run to our beds and pretend to be asleep while he left.  Once he was gone, we ran out and opened all the gifts.  Oh glorious fun.  And, oh what a tease because we then had to go right back to sleep.  Boy did visions of sugar plums dance in our heads each Christmas as we awaited morning.  I loved Christmas growing up.  I still do.  Glorious memories.  And, due to this tradition I am pretty sure I believed in Santa longer than another other kid in the history of Santa.  


25 years later my own little girl was born.

I am so thankful that God moved you to West Palm Beach the exact day we found out we were expecting.  I don't know what I would have done with out you near by the first 9 months of Gracie's life.  She was blessed, as was I, to have you there to play with and learn from.  

Just minutes after having Grace-April 2, 2006
I love your relationship with Grace.  
It is beyond special.
Has been since day one.

April 2nd, 2006
My first Mother's Day-spent with mine & Loren's family
It was also the day Grace was Dedicated to the Church. 

You have a way of making Grace feel like she is the most precious girl.
From the moment she was born, I've watched with joy in my eyes how she yearns to be surrounded by you. 


5 years later and you still make her giggle and smile from ear to ear.

Disney/Florida Vacation 2011
Best Vacation Ever!

Mom, you have always been there to comfort me, encourage me and take care of me.  

I Praise God for you.  You have a taught me much about life and about God's love.  I have watched your relationship with the Lord grow over the years and it is beautiful.  I have seen you go through the hardest times in your life with Grace and Dignity.  You always choose the Godly path instead of the worldly path even though at time it might mean walking away from things you care deeply for.  You have taught me that God's path may not always be the easiest and you may have to go it alone but being obedient to His call is the only path worth taking.

Thank you for showing me with your actions how I can better live my life.

You have truly been an inspiration in my life and in the lives of many.

I took this on our Disney trip.  Mom said I'd probably use it in a blog
post and embarrass her so I figured since she said I would, I should :)
You never fail to bring life to a gathering, Mom!   




 I LOVE YOU!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.