Monday, April 16, 2012

What to do next?

Seasoned reader friends.  I need your help!

I'm on the 3rd and final of the Hunger Games books, Mockingjay.
I am purposely reading it slowly because I don't want it to end.  Book 2, Catching Fire was by far my favorite (so far). I seriously couldn't put it down and read it in a matter of days.  Sleep was definitely sacrificed and it was worth it.  I could see myself wanting to do the same thing with Mockingjay but I'm delaying.

 

For those of you who don't know me super well, I seriously never read, especially fiction.
I only read when I have to: Bible study,  Work, etc. And, the bible for my daily dose of Gods life changing Word.  But, I can not remember a time where I sat down with a book for pleasure or that wasn't a self-help (ish) kind of book.  I guess 31 is the year for change.  I have found a real love for reading.  A love for reading fiction. But, I don't know where to go from here.

This is where I need my reader friends.
What do I read next?
Help a girl out.
Any suggestions? Something that will grab my attention and keep it from beginning to end.  I do not like horror.  But I do like mystery, suspense, funny, thought-provoking.....

Thanks for your suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Terry Goodkind (author) "Wizard's First Rule is the first book in the series - try it out. You'll be hooked!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel I just love books by jodi picoult, her books can be sad at times but they are always thought provoking! I have to be careful when I start one as I will stay up all night to finish it!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.