Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reflections

I was on sabbatical from my blog--not one I chose to go on but something that just happened for the last 3+ months. I have spent a lot of this time enjoying my husband and daughter.  I have also spent a lot of time reflecting and learning.

Before I start blogging again, I wanted to quickly update by way of photos some of the things we've been up to these last few months.

Now I must warn you, some of the photos are a bit out of chronological order and for some reason "Blogger" uploaded my dads visit & a few other events in two separate locations on this post so they are split in half. My apologies if it's a little confusing.  

September 13th
The night before Kindergarten starts
Walking to school, the night before her 1st day

My sweet girl praying for her school, new classmates and teacher
1st Day of School: September 14th 2011

The note I slipped in to her back pack.

special 1st day of school breakfast: pancakes w/ sprinkles and turkey bacon

My big girl

On her way.....

Somehow I managed to not cry.  I was just proud.  I can not believe we have arrived
at "school age" already.  I feel like I just gave birth to this sweet babe of mine.  

I honestly hands down can't get enough of my family.  I love these two.
In front of her classroom
She was so nervous

Before the parents were asked to leave Mrs. Foley read "The Kissing Hand."
Yep-one of those stories that makes all the moms get teary eyed.
Shhhh....don't tell Grace, but I got her this book for Christmas!


And, they did it!
All these silly kiddos had their first day of school....Grace, Hannah, Emily and Zaden had their first day of Kindergarten and sweet Nola had her first day of Preschool!!!


This photo makes me giggle


And, the proud mama's.  


Bite of the Berg
A super fun event held down town for the College kids.
Grace and I "snuck" in and had fun visiting all the vendors.
This was our favorite stop.  Who doesn't love getting dressed up in silly attire and posing for photos??!!



Grace started dance class again.
Her last year with Mrs. Sarah.
She has all new kiddos in her class this year & we are having so much fun getting to know their families.


Grandpas October 2011 Visit: Part 1

Grace showing Grandpa around her school
Manastash Ridge


Olmstead State Park

Columbia River

Hiking up Red Top Mountain

Leavenworth's Hat Shop




Thanksgiving in Spokane 2011

On Thanksgiving Day
Game Time

The ladies

The guys

Thanksgiving Talent Show

Statema Clan 2011
Moments To Remember 
Dance Show for the entire town.
2 shows later and my girl conquered her fears!
She danced and smiled her heart out.

Backtracking....


Girls Movie Night
One of my favorite things to host every few months.
They all eat dinner together, watch a "Chick Flick" together and then chow down on popcorn and desserts.
They watched a Barbie movie
Pizza/Movie night

And ate lollipops (after eating pizza & veggies though)

and cookie pops

Oh yes, and then we all got dressed up like princess
and danced around the house to Princess music.

Anderson Family Fall Festival
Early October



Dusty's Farm Fall Festival
Early October



1st sac race


Climb to Conquer Cancer (early October)
Loren's last Starbucks Community event

Some of the ladies I hiked with to raise money for cancer research.

U-Pick Pumpkin Path
Loren found and he picked!
Success.
(Mid. October)

And, in case you didn't know...
Grace is a super hero.
She is honestly, hands down convinced she has super hero powers.
Some of her super powers: Super eye sight, Speed and oh and she can fly.

I watch this little guy now who adores and I mean really really adores Grace.
She loves him too. They are two peas in a pod.  She asked me the other week if we could keep him forever.   She is a tremendous big sister to the little guy the two days a week we watch him....and, I say we because she's a huge help. (August - Present)


Suncadia Harvest Festival
Mid October


Friends from school joined us.  




Dad's Visit: Party 2
snoqualmie falls

Carey Lake

Carey Lake

story time

Look how eager she is to answer the question.
School is definitely her thing.
She is succeeding and making us incredibly proud

1st field trip on a school bus
My dad and I got to chaperon

My little cutie pie crew

Mrs. Foley's Kindergarten class 2011-2012

Wind Farms.
It was too cold and windy for me so I stayed back.


more photos from Leavenworth


Loren's last meeting with his Starbucks Crew
Goodbye Starbucks!

Daddy's last day of work at Starbucks.
Grace was very emotional about it.

 Halloween 2011


Brought two little monkeys downtown for some
trick or treating.  

And, Gracie's boy friend from class, Wyatt
What a sweet sweet boy he is!

My amazing friend, Sierra who had a great party at her house

trick or treating in Sierra's neighborhood

And, another lovely friend-Rachel-who was there too

Operation Christmas Child
One of our favorite things to do each Christmas
And, the best part is Grace can do it all by herself.
She decides what age group we need to buy for, picks out all the items (uses her own money) and then stuffs the "shoe" boxes. And, then we have her deliver them as well.




And, after a 3 year hiatus, we finally have family photos!
One of my favorites from the bunch.


Grace was in her first parade (Thursday November 10th).
The Veterans Day parade at Lincoln Elementary school


Sara and I
Tabitha and I 

A fun filled Jazzercise Birthday party for a little flower....



And, Thanksgiving in Spokane (more photos that got a mix up....sorry)


dinner time


Moment's To Remember Dance Performance


Santa Parade

Yes, she was in the parade....trailing behind Santa and his elves





And, that's the quick catch up.
Phew.  Lots of photos and still more to upload off of the camera.
I'm looking forward to finally blogging again.
I promised to not take a 3+ month hiatus again.
Thanks for baring with me while I update via photos.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.