Thursday, March 29, 2012

You're going to be how old??





Thank you Auntie Anni



I can't believe in just a matter of days year 5 will have come and gone.
Has it really been twelve months?

This is the time of year when I get most sentimental.  Every year my daughter seems to change ages quicker and quicker.  Age six has been the hardest for the me to fathom.  Six just sounds so old. So mature.  Like we are on the brink of a drastic change. Don't get me wrong, I love change.  I love seeing her grow and blossom.  But, at the same time I wonder. Will this be the year she stops wanting to snuggle with me.  Will she be too cool to kiss and hug me goodbye when the bell rings.  Will this be the year she stops thinking I'm cool therefore will want to stop spending a ton of time with me.  So many what ifs.  I'm sure I'm overreacting. I tend to do that.  But in all honesty, this worrying helps me to really appreciate each moment I have with her. It helps me to make sure to connect now while I can. While I can still make an impression.  And, I hope that some of the things I love about us now, will be the same things I love about us when she's a teenager, when she's married and when I'm old.

My prayer has always been that we are always close.  That she'll never to get to the point where she can't stand me or doesn't feel safe sharing her thoughts, feelings & problems with me.  I hope she always  knows I'm here for her.  I was like that.  I loved being home. I love hanging out with my mom.  And, I still to this day shower my mom with hugs and kisses.  I was an odd child and I'm hoping Grace will be odd too.

Happy Early Birthday princess Grace.
May you forever be odd.

We have a fun weekend ahead.
At 10:30am on Friday the Turners will roll into Eburg.
We'll surprise Grace at 11:20 when we pick her up at school.
Grace thinks they are coming at 2pm.  I really love surprising her.

Weather pending we'll head to the Japanese Garden for a lunch picnic.
Then home for hours of best friend play time.
Pizza for dinner and then last minute party prep with Jennifer and Loren after the kids go to sleep.

Saturday morning is her party.
It's going to be grand.
It's going to be full.
We have so many kiddos that want to help Grace celebrate.
I love watching her get showered with love.  Makes mama's heart happy.

Then on Monday, for her actually birthday, we will celebrate again.
Just us.  Well, the little guy I watch will be here too.
She will go to school. Then I have a surprise for her when she gets done.
After the little guy leaves at 4:30pm, we will make a special dinner for Grace and let her open her family gifts from the grandparents/aunts & uncles, etc.   It will be low key. It will be just as she likes things best. Quality time at home.

The next four days will be fun and busy.
They will be filled with joy.
They will be important.
They will be days I'm hoping she'll never forget.

Every life is precious.  Every life is worth getting excited about.  Every life is worth celebrating.
Now. let's get this party started!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.